oh hey.

It's easier to say that you don't care Than to admit that you're hurt.

7.21.2010

The Nightmare Before Prom


“No, no, no, no!” I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping that when I opened them I’d be back in my bed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Beep. Beep. BEEP. BEEP!” My alarm clock got louder and louder the longer I waited to turn it off.
“Ugh.” I smashed down the off button and rolled out of bed. I was just about to start complaining to myself about having to go to school when I realized…tonight was prom!
Immediately I was awake and ready to start the day. I walked into my bathroom and looked in the mirror. Well I could have used a little more sleep last night. I shook my head and began my morning routine. Taking each contact out of the case, I slid them into my eyes one at a time. I grabbed my neon green toothbrush and Colgate toothpaste off the rack next to the sink. After putting a plump of paste onto my toothbrush and running my toothbrush under cold water, I began to brush to the toon of “Break Your Heart” by Tao Cruz, which played softly from my shower radio. I spit out the remainder of the paste from my mouth and rinsed. Ahh nice and fresh. I smiled at myself in the mirror. Checking the clock, and realizing that I was four and a half minutes behind schedule, I quickly washed my face and threw on sweats and a t-shirt.
I hopped down the carpet-padded stairs to the kitchen, where my brother sat at the table eating Cocoa Pebbles. I pulled out my favorite cereal, Blueberry MiniWheats, put some into a bowl, poured two percent milk on top, and started eating.
I finished my cereal, grabbed my brown paper bag lunch, and headed out the door, backpack over shoulder, to where my friend, Sam, waited in her car.
“Good morning Sam!” I slammed the car door shut, “Ready for tonight?!”
“You have noo idea!”
“Ah, I’m so excited!” We continued to talk about our excitement for the rest of the fifteen minute drive to school.
The day passed slowly, and every time I looked at the clock, the second hand seemed to move slower and slower until finally the final bell rang. I rushed home. Tonight was a big night, and I had to look my best, so I’d need as much time as I could get to prepare.
I started with my hair. I pulled my black hairbrush from my sink drawer and began to brush through my silky blonde hair. And then something happened…my brush started pulling out huge chunks of blonde hair from my skull! I looked in the mirror, only to find that half of my head was already bald and the rest of my hair was falling off like a waterfall! Oh no…After twenty minutes of freaking out, I decided that I would just have to go to prom bald.
Next was my dress. I went into my closet where I had hung my purple, satin, floor length dress, only to find a purple astronaut suit in its place. What the hell…? I put on the astronaut suit and looked in the mirror.
Alright so I was going to prom, bald in an astronaut suit. But it could have been worse right? Like at least the astronaut suit was purple…and I didn’t look too bad in it.
After my parents took pictures of me in my astronaut suit, I headed out to the front of my house where my limo was waiting. Or where my limo was supposed to be waiting…Greaaat.
I looked around for something I could drive instead. I’m going to be soo late! Suddenly, I remembered that my neighbor had parked his horse in his garage. And it must have been my lucky minute, because his garage door was wide open.
I jumped on Horsey, which was the name of his horse, and rode off to prom. Turns out prom wasn’t in the beautiful Sansan hotel, but in a…brown barn? Okay then…I parked Horsey next to all the limos that other people had arrived in and walked into the barn ballroom, where I danced the night away in my purple astronaut suit.
After prom, the after party was held at my house. All the guests arrived right on time, and they ate from platters of…cheese that were around the room? Sam was there, but her dress seemed to have grown three sizes too big and now hung around her ankles…What is going on…All of a sudden, the party was interrupted by a loud beeping noise that filled the air. The guests looked around in confusion and fear. Giant pillows came down from the sky and started attacking my house!
“No, no, no, no!” I squeezed my eyes shut, rolling back and forth, still screaming “no.” This was not how my prom and my party were supposed to go. My arms flew wildly out of control until they hit something hard. Silence. I opened my eyes. Everything was so bright. My eyes adjusted just in time to see a large, fluffy pillow coming towards my face.
“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” It was my brother trying to wake me up by hitting me in the face with pillows. I looked around. I was still in my bed. I ran to the mirror. My hair was still there! I ran to my closet. My purple, satin dress was not an astronaut suit! I breathed a sigh of relief. It had all been a dream…and there were no pillows attacking my house, just my brother attacking me. And the only loud beeping noise had been coming from my alarm clock trying to wake me up for the exciting day and night ahead of me. Prom was tonight.

3 comments:

  1. omg i loooooooovvvveeeeeeee it! write shorts stories and make it a book or write a novel, or heck just become a writer on the side as a hobby and see if it goes anywhere or we could both take classes for it, that'd be really fun, dontcha think?? we should totally do it now cause im really excited and i think i like this idea, lets do or hey lets co-write a book? and like send it in to a publisher and see what they say, we may not make mucho money but we can do good :) and we can have mrs. lindsay-yuscavage check it for us and be like our agent kind of person-ishhhh :) arent i just full of brilliant ideas? haha

    you're amazingly talented, i hope you know that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yes yes! lets write one omg thatd be sooo much fun! what will we write it about?

    and haha thats you are tooo(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a creative idea! You have such a unique mind and your short story makes me shake my head in amazement. You are very talented and creative!

    ReplyDelete