oh hey.

It's easier to say that you don't care Than to admit that you're hurt.

8.10.2010

forgiveness.


They say that it’s easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.

And I guess this is true, because when your friends disappoint you, you’re let down more because you expected more of them. You hurt more because you thought higher of them, so it’s harder to forgive them for making you hurt when you expected so much more out of them. An enemy you expect the least of. So when they disappoint you…well you expected it!

But with you? We're no longer "friends", but I still consider you one of the people I'm closest to, one of my best friends. And I would forgive you in a second. And it would be so easy.

When we were friends, it sometimes seemed that the more you hurt me, and the more you let me down, the easier it was to forgive you. I guess it’s because you were the one person I could never be mad at, the one person who made my life worth living. Maybe I was all too willing to give you another try, but maybe I wanted you to have another chance, maybe I wanted you to have as many chances as you needed to be a great friend. And maybe I was scared that if I didn’t forgive you…then I’d lose you forever.

In the end though, no matter how willing I was to forgive you, I still lost you.

But I still need you, and now I'm left holding on to something that’s long gone. And, after everything we’ve been through, I would still forgive you in that one second. If you ever decide that you miss me too, then I’ll be ready to forgive you, no matter how long that takes, because you’re the one person who no matter how much you hurt me, or no matter how much you let me down, I will always forgive. You’re the one person who I will always love.

No comments:

Post a Comment